I am having the worst day I have ever had since becoming a mom 2.5 years ago. Last night I put into action the sleep lady's sleep plan. I did nit intend to start it until next week, so tonight I fed her to sleep. When she woke up a little later in her crib, I thought now was as good of a time as any to start. Famous last words.
Danica cried fit one hour and ten minutes while u squatted next to the crib shhing her and patting the crib for her to lay down. It was horrible. She kept screaming and reaching out for me like mama I just need you to hold me and everything will be alright. She then woke up at 11, 12, 130,and them 345. The first three wake ups only lasted about 15 or 20 minutes. The last wake up lasted until 515. Dj was up at 530.
Dani woke up around 720. She was starving, but her normal happy smiling self. I stated to think that last night had no effect on her, and it was one if those things that is harder on the mama.
Well, I think I was wrong again. Here it is 330, and other than a quick nap in the car, I have not been able to get her to sleep. I have been projectile puked on 5 times, my bed is soaked , I need to do laundry, the room reeks, and I am dead tired.
I do not judge parents who let their little ones cry. We as moms know our babies the best and know what will and will not work. I think this crying it out is nit going to work for us at this time. I can't imagine having another day and night like this and the bok said it takes most babies two weeks! Dj has watched more tv today then she has all month. Unless I literally want her to turn into a couch potato. I better come up with a new game plan!!!
I think I would rather deal with the frequent wake ups then a sleepless night in a stinky room!
No comments:
Post a Comment